Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Entry for the Legio Army Throwdown 1

If you've been paying attention, Legio Malaysia has posted up their plan of awesome activities for the first half of 2012. Initially, I wanted to enter two separate armies for the Army Throwdown and 40K League Season 4. Upon further consideration on the timeline, work schedule, and my marine-fatigue, I've decided to enter Eldar for both events. Same Craftworld, two different lists. By doing this, it'll allow me to (finally) have a fully painted Eldar army, with fully painted options should I decide to change lists in the future.
The following is my armylist for the Army Throwdown event, as these are the models that I have yet to complete the paintjob. Some are even still in sprue/blisters. Note: PaintedBasecoated (no layering nor highlights), Assembled, Unassembled.

Eldar - Craftworld Ilfirin 2000pts 
HQ: Fuegan
HQ: Autarch + Mandiblasters, Power Weapon
Troops: 5 Dire Avengers + Wave Serpent, Shuriken Cannon
Troops: 5 Dire Avengers, Exarch with 2 Shuriken Pistols + Wave Serpent, Shuriken Cannon
Troops: 3 Guardian Jetbike + Shuriken Cannon
Elite: 10 Fire Dragons, Exarch with Dragon Breath Flamer + Wave Serpent, Shuriken Cannon
Elite: 10 Harlequin + Shadowseer, Troupe Master, 9 Harlequin's Kiss, 2 Fusion Pistol
Elite: 7 Harlequin + Shadowseer, Troupe Master, Death Jester, 2 Fusion Pistol
Fast Attack (IA11): 3 Wasp Assault Walkers + 6 Scatter Lasers
Fast Attack: Vyper + Scatter Laser, Shuriken Cannon
Heavy Support: Wraithlord + Brightlance, Starcannon, 2 Flamers
Heavy Support: 1 Support Weapon Battery with D-Cannon + Warlock, Singing Spear, Destructor
Total: 2000 points, on the dot
This 'uncommon' armylist was made up to accomodate the event requirement and the models in my possession. However, I am considering them as my painting to-do list, as the armylist slightly deviates from my standard Eldar army list. Here's the current picture of the rag-tag army above, in various stages of painting and assembly.

There you have it; half-done Wave Serpents, pure white Dire Avengers, basecoated Fire Dragons, an assortment of bare metal and plastic, and of course, the pile of metal/plastic/resin at the far right. In the next few months, all of these (I strongly hope so) is going to be fully painted. Wish me luck!


  1. Hell yeah, taste the rainbow all you mon-keight filth

  2. Best of luck dude. All the stuff in orange and green comes to less than 500 points?

  3. Thanks guys, really need support from all of you. They have remained in that status for 1.5 years already.

    All those stuff in orange (Wave Serpents/Fire Dragons) are more than 500 points, but they failed to meet the three-colours minimum requirement; it's either orange/blue or orange/yellow. Plus, the skimmers are not properly assembled yet.

    And, there is no green in my army. At least, not yet ;p

  4. Looking forward to seeing your army painted up man. Maybe we weren't clear but 25%/500 points completed means that only 25% of your army has been completely painted. The remaining 75% must be either not been built yet or just at the primed stages. There is no mention of 3 color minimum requirement.
    I'll clear this with Jeff. Anyway, all the best on your project :)

    1. Oh, I'll have to re-do the list then.

      So I assume the correct way to read to interpret the rule would be:
      a. 25%/500pts worth of models that has any work done beyond the primed stages, and
      b. 75%/1500pts worth of models that has not a single work done beyond the primed stages.

      Is my interpretation right?

  5. Good luck dude! We need more Eldar reinforcements to halt the mon keigh