Monday, August 8, 2011
As of 12 midnight yesterday, my Badab War project has been officially put on hold. Not much progress since the previous post, and this was my best effort minutes to midnight.
As you can see for yourself, despite the simple colour scheme, there's still a bit more work to be done. I've thought of drilling the barrels, but was a bit worried that it might end up looking like a pig's snout. Anyway, feel free to drop any comments. I'll definitely keep that in mind once the project is unearthed. As per Azlan's suggestion, I'll probably just do a typical basing of bestial brown rim with earth and grass for them. But since nothing is done yet, I'm still open for suggestions.
This was how the Cursed Founding looked like at 00.01 am, and somehow it has a taste of sorrow to it. They deserved better, but I'll make sure such a sacrifice would not come to waste. With the entombment of a 'box', it was time to unveil another 'box'.
The theme for this week will definitely be filing and assembly of the metal figures. It'll soon be followed by assembly of the plastic figures. I'm expecting everything to be primed by the next 2-3 weeks. Ghemehaal, here comes the pain!
at 11:19 PM
Wednesday, August 3, 2011
Some of you guys may have already known that I have taken part in Alvin's Badab War mini project. Why? It's actually simple, I just need an excuse to give justice for my pile of AOBR marines and terminators. Plus, this particular chapter that I chose, also gave me an excuse to build a prototype Custodes model. I've started with a 1500pts army (pending the Siege Mantlets), with a future plan of 2 Thunderfire Cannons (if a Finecast version is available) to round it up into a 1750pts army. For 2000pts, I have no idea at the moment.
Concurrently preparing myself for the upcoming Legio Malaysia's campaign, I've decided to put this project on hold. So, I've given myself a deadline to finish whatever I can by this weekend. It turns out that I fared better than I expected; primed, basecoated, primary colour applied, and preshading done. So far, this is what I've managed since Sunday night.
Hope I can do more work on them by this weekend before officially putting them on hold. But who knows, maybe I could pull everything off. Stay tune for more updates on this project (hopefully).
at 1:17 AM